Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Father and Son

Dear Son,
Forgive your mother and me for the fight that we had last night. I’m sorry that you had to hear all that screaming and raising of voices. I could say it was her fault and she started it but it really doesn’t matter because I cause my fair share of fights too. When you get to my age maybe you will understand why man and woman sometimes behave like cat and dog.
As you add another year today I wish you a happy birthday. It is customary that at this age I should give you some life-changing advice to help you find your way in life. I don’t really have much to say for I have no desire to tell you how to live your life, you are now old enough to know good and bad. If I were you I would drink myself speechless, roll around in the dirt and crawl back home.

What a parent wants for all their children is that they remain healthy and that they see more good days than bad on this earth. What will please me more would be if you grew to be and remained an upright man till the day that you die; a man acceptable in the eyes of God and a man with a good heart that is compassionate and kind to others.
Despite what the world says God really exists. Even when I am dead and gone I pray that you will find it in your heart to every once in a while bow your head and acknowledge He exists. I hope that you will get to see him work in your life as I have seen him work in mine. Remind me to tell you why I think God is crazy. By the way there is this prostitute I used to know, I found out 2 weeks ago that she died. I mourn the loss of her sometimes and pray for peace within.
You know I have always been frank with you so I will tell you again that I dont really approve of that girlfriend of yours. A woman who is disrespectful to your mother is not a good woman. Whatever you chose to do about it I must say am glad at least you are not one of those homosexuals. Men are continuously changing the laws of God and nature just so they can do whatever evil they want to. And when you speak out against them they frown at you, make you the bad one, and label you a homophobe. These human rights are really just a disguise for satanic rites.
Don’t believe all you hear in the news. The scientists say that the world is getting warmer because of climate change. I have a different theory that says that the world gets warmer the hotter the fire in hell is fanned. Yes the fire waits for the wicked sons of men, may you never be like them who are destined to burn. Thieves, murderers, idol worshippers, false prophets, liars and backbiters, adulterers and fornicators, masters of witchcraft and sorcery, the worshippers of the devil, haters of God. They will all burn.
Keep your life free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you”(Heb 13:5). In all seasons God provides to all, great and small, in accordance with their need. When you have one mouth to feed he will give you enough for one mouth and when you have five he will give you enough for five. So do not be stingy but learn to be generous and the Lord my God will provide for all your needs. 
By the way, I hope you give to the church the 10% God requires of you, you better do for your own good. Stealing from God has never brought about any good reward. Try the Lord and see if he will not give you more than what you give him, a good measure, pressed down, stirred and stretched out will be added to you.
I hope when I am done drinking these beers I won’t realize that it’s not your birthday.
All the best,
Your slightly drunk father.

Alikuti Jehosophat

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, how are you?

    My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.

    I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of used stamps because through them, you can see pictures about fauna, flora, monuments, landscapes etc. from all the countries. As every day is more and more difficult to get stamps, some years ago I started a new collection in order to get traditional letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately, it is impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are very small countries with very few population, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.

    For all this, I would ask you one small favor:
    Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Malawi? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Malawi in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:

    Emilio Fernandez Esteban
    Calle Valencia, 39
    28903 Getafe (Madrid)
    Spain

    If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.

    Finally, I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.

    Yours Sincerely

    Emilio Fernandez

    ReplyDelete

To comment: Type your views in the box below, then before you click 'Post comment' go down to 'Comment as' and change 'Select profile' to 'Name/URL'.In the name field enter your name and leave the URL field empty.Press 'Post'.